Key produces wrong result

Jkugler1024

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
I allowed my one year old son to have some fun hitting the keys on my keyboard. However, he must have accidentally changed a keyboard setting or something because now my letter 'L' behaves like an enter key. The trouble is that I am currently logged off and letter l is in my password. Therefore my partially typed password is submitted when I type that letter. I am not able to see if other keys are behaving incorrectly since I am entering a password and the character are therefore displayed as dots. However it would not shock me if other letters are changed as well.

I'm not sure if the best solution to get logged in and the keyboard corrected. If anyone has some ideas I would surely appreciate it!

Solution
most login screens have option to use onscreen keyboard. (with some mouse clicking) which could allow you to get into windows and to test the keyboard more thoroughly. (ease of access menu, that circle thing with arrow)

Jkugler1024

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
I don't think it's an issue with the hardware as none of the keys are broken or dirty.

I'm hoping this community is primarily filled with users who actually try to add value to the knowledge base rather than than the immature antics included in the second half of your post.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
most login screens have option to use onscreen keyboard. (with some mouse clicking) which could allow you to get into windows and to test the keyboard more thoroughly. (ease of access menu, that circle thing with arrow)

Solution