keyboard backlight wont turn on when i open my laptop, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedog4852

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
after ive upgraded my laptop to windows 10, when i open my laptop or wake it from sleep mode the backlight of my keyboard wont turn on and its been frustrating me for weeks, does anyone know a way to fix it? also i have an hp envy 17

natedog4852

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from natedog4852 : "Keyboard backlight problem"

ever since i upgraded to windows 10 my keyboard backlight wont turn on when i open my laptop or wake it from sleep and it has been really irritating, does anyone know how to fix this? i would love some help with this.

natedog4852

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
i cant because its already been ten days, i had forgotten to do that, but i do know its the upgrade because i had tested everything before i had upgraded and right after the keyboard backlight on my laptop stopped turning when i brought it from sleep mode

I don't know about your HP Envy, but I recently purchased an HP Pavilion with a backlit keyboard. Pressing the F5 key toggles the keyboard lighting on and off.

When I either power up the laptop or wake it from sleep, the keyboard lights revert to the condition they were in when I had shut down the laptop or put it to sleep.

Does your Envy do the same, by any chance?

natedog4852

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
what do you mean?when i put my laptop to sleep and wake it up, the keyboard wont turn back on, like when i hit the f5 key itll turn the keyboard off but the f5 key will stay on, but neither the keyboard nor the f5 key stay on when i wake my laptop from sleep.

What I mean is, if the keyboard lights are OFF when I go to shut down or put the laptop to sleep, they will remain OFF when I restart the computer or wake it up, unless I then press the f5 key to turn them on.

If the keyboard lights are ON before I shutdown or put the laptop to sleep, when I power it back up or wake it from sleeping, the keyboard lights will automatically come back ON without pressing the f5 key.

Okay, so the keyboard is lit when you put the laptop to sleep, but the keyboard light doesn't come back on when you wake up the laptop, even if you then hit the f5 key? Don't understand what you mean by, "when i hit the f5 key itll turn the keyboard off but the f5 key will stay on", though. On my laptop, the f5 key turns the lights on if I press it. If I press the f5 key again, the lights go off.

natedog4852

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016

natedog4852

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
what i mean is that lets say i press the f5 key to turn the keyboard on then turn the laptop on sleep mode, after i wake it from sleep the keyboard will not turn on and it forces me to press the f5 key which will make the keyboard ligh up but then instantly turn back off because it takes it as me having the light on, then i have to press the f5 key to turn it back on again

natedog4852

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
if i restart my pc the keyboard light will turn on like normal but i dont like turning my computer all the way off after each use, i tend to come back to it not long after and would like it if it turned on like its supposed too

Status
Not open for further replies.