Keyboard is completely messed up

Sarah_85

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
I spilled water on my keyboard so I turned it off and dried it up and even put it in rice for good meassure but when I turned

Well, one, rice doesn't work. Really. Two, depending on how much water is spilled on the device, you would need to leave it open and drying for 2 to 7+ days. Yes, I do mean days.

Once a liquid gets inside, it takes a really long time for it to dry up/out. Plus, any parts that are not opened up, exposed to air, will take even longer to dry out/up. Plus you need to be sure that the battery is removed while letting it dry. Liquid + Battery = very bad.

It sounds like you didn't leave it near long enough to dry and now it is showing that there is liquid still in it. Hence the keyboard acting odd. If you don't let it dry well enough, you could fry parts as well.

Well, one, rice doesn't work. Really. Two, depending on how much water is spilled on the device, you would need to leave it open and drying for 2 to 7+ days. Yes, I do mean days.

Once a liquid gets inside, it takes a really long time for it to dry up/out. Plus, any parts that are not opened up, exposed to air, will take even longer to dry out/up. Plus you need to be sure that the battery is removed while letting it dry. Liquid + Battery = very bad.

It sounds like you didn't leave it near long enough to dry and now it is showing that there is liquid still in it. Hence the keyboard acting odd. If you don't let it dry well enough, you could fry parts as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 5
azpatti92 Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 0
Y Laptop Tech Support 10
M Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 2
Lucaskp4 Laptop Tech Support 1
nidelimit Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2