Keyboard or way I type makes the blinking text cursor move around the page/screen?

Iwanttotype

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Hi there,
Really hoping someone can help solve a rather frustrating and annoying part of typing.
Being a fairly quick touch typist I am pretty confident with the layout of a normal qwerty keyboard, happy with function keys, know the location of ctrl, alt etc without looking but one thing has really begun to become incredibly annoying!

When I type I somehow manage to type a sequence of shortcuts which I have no idea I am doing and it results in the blinking text cursor moving all over the page if not moving the page up and down and I end up messing up most of the sentences I am writing.

I have tried to keep a sort of mental note as to what buttons I am pressing when it happens, when I slow down and press these keys when typing there is no jumping all over the page moments.
The keys I have noticed it happens on most frequently is shift and the space bar.

Now I know some people could be sitting there thinking this girl is probably not the confident typist she thought she was (or she is thinking there are secret sequence shortcuts in the letters!) ...
...but seriously kidding aside I need to sort this and asking out there for help! as Google has offered me no joy.

I am a lover of shortcuts, like learning them and want to know what sequences are potentially making the blinking text cursor have a mental rush around the screen! it could turn out helpful if I knew what was pressing!

Many thanks to anyone out there that may take the time to read my long winded whine over the Keyboard
For reference I am running windows 10 on a HP Pavillion 17"screen

Amy
aka Iwanttotype

Solution
You're either brushing the trackpad with your palm while typing quickly, or you're ghosting the keyboard. Most keyboards start to act wonky if you manage to have enough keys of the right combination pressed down either simultaneously or in quick succession. Keep an eye out for where you palm is resting.

amtseung

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
You're either brushing the trackpad with your palm while typing quickly, or you're ghosting the keyboard. Most keyboards start to act wonky if you manage to have enough keys of the right combination pressed down either simultaneously or in quick succession. Keep an eye out for where you palm is resting.

Solution