Keyboard shuts down

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
Hey guys. For a while now i`m having this problem when i`m typing something on my phone. My kayboard disappears with a msg: low memory 5% or something like that.
My phone is Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21), I dont have pending OS updates and my ram is 2GB. I still have 5GB free storage and ive never seen that on any other phone i had. Im using the standart swipe kayboard. I also notice sometimes it marks clicking "space" as double click too. If anyone knows a solution to this problem (other than reseting phone) please let me know

Solution
In regards to the double spacing issue, that happens sometimes. They are quite sensitive and even though we don't realize we are, the device can read it as if we are tapping it more than once. The more sensitive the device, the more that happens. However, you can check on google play and see if there are any updates for your keyboard. They would be found there rather than in the standard updates area of the phone.

As to the space issue, it sounds like something you have installed is running way more than you realize. Many apps will be sneaky and use a ton of resources. First I would check the settings of many of the apps to make sure you have nothing going that you are not choosing to have. Then there are a few programs you can...
In regards to the double spacing issue, that happens sometimes. They are quite sensitive and even though we don't realize we are, the device can read it as if we are tapping it more than once. The more sensitive the device, the more that happens. However, you can check on google play and see if there are any updates for your keyboard. They would be found there rather than in the standard updates area of the phone.

As to the space issue, it sounds like something you have installed is running way more than you realize. Many apps will be sneaky and use a ton of resources. First I would check the settings of many of the apps to make sure you have nothing going that you are not choosing to have. Then there are a few programs you can download to monitor the usage of different things on the phone. Like battery drain, running apps, etc. Personally I like Clean Master (despite the ads) as it is quite good at monitoring things, but there are many other apps out there.

I would also check your WiFi settings. Make sure they are not dragging the device down.

Oh, one more thing to check the browser on the phone. Especially if you use it a lot. If there are open browser tabs, or a filled Cache and History, that will drag down your phones abilities as well.

Solution

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
I will check for kb update, as for the running apps i have few apps installed (aside from facebook and messenger i have teamviewer) i edited my "allowed apps" and have only messenger protected from closing. This issue happens mostly when i type in messenger or facebook. It started like few months ago when i inserted second sim card and copyed the contacts from there to my google account.
I usually dont like running any sort of cleaning/monitoring software other than the integrated one.
Ah ye... i cleaned my cache few days ago and that didnt fix it

Update: cleaned cache and uninstalled extentions for messenger. Seems to work for now