Keyboard Typing J Instead of E

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumbleball

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
Hello! I woke up to my lenovo G700 laptop all messed up. I'm using the on screen keyboard because the e key is typing j for some reason. I tried pressing num lock but it just makes the e a 1 instead. Nothing new has happened and it was fine last night. My keyboard is set to United States English (I checked) and I'm pretty sure it's the only key doing this. I'd likj to stop typing likj this! Any suggestions?

Solution
So I found the solution myself and want to share it with ya'll since it's different from the other solutions I've read on here! I had to static reset my laptop. Not just reset it, STATIC reset it. I've had to do this to fix many issues with this laptop in the past.

Basically, what you do, is you turn the laptop off and unplug everything from it.
Then you take the battery out
After this you press the power button for 10-20 seconds. Make sure you don't have a mouse or anything plugged into it.
Put the battery back in and turn it on
And taadaaa! My laptop went back to normal!

bumbleball

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
So I found the solution myself and want to share it with ya'll since it's different from the other solutions I've read on here! I had to static reset my laptop. Not just reset it, STATIC reset it. I've had to do this to fix many issues with this laptop in the past.

Basically, what you do, is you turn the laptop off and unplug everything from it.
Then you take the battery out
After this you press the power button for 10-20 seconds. Make sure you don't have a mouse or anything plugged into it.
Put the battery back in and turn it on
And taadaaa! My laptop went back to normal!

Solution
It is difficult to think why this would help though.

I do have a sound card that periodically has corrupted audio which requires a reboot of my computer. It's not a laptop so no battery to store certain settings.

You must have some specific memory buffer between the keyboard and motherboard that is getting corrupted. Probably on the keyboard itself, so it's possible that REPLACING THE KEYBOARD will solve that issue.

I replaced one a couple years ago for $25 + shipping but it varies.

Not sure what OTHER issues you have so it's hard to speculate as to the cause of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.