Solved! keyboard wont work till after 15 minutes from start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2022
i have an asus rog g703gx. recently the keyboard stopped working on start up and will start working after 15 minutes. it stays working if i put the computer in sleep mode.
i uninstalled drivers and restarted.
ive done a safe boot, which after that caused my keyboard lights to stop working as well and caused the asus armory app to no longer recognize the keyboard.
i tried an external keyboard which works just fine.
i then took it to a professional who tried everything including pulling the computer apart and cleaning all connections and checking the ssd. he could not figure it out either.
the sytem will show the keboard is working fine even though its not.
any suggestions or ideas? could it have something to do with the gaming software or any other software? or could it be a hardware issue?

Solution
If you can't access the BIOS with your laptop's keyboard, it is either a setting in the BIOS or the hardware. Have you tried it with another internal keyboard (Not just an external one)?
Also, check the Event Viewer in Windows - maybe it says what happens after those 15 minutes that causes the computer to suddenly recognize it.
Another thing to try:
Go into the BIOS with an external keyboard and wait those 15 minutes. Does the internal keyboard issue occur exactly like it does in Windows (meaning does it suddenly work after 15 minutes while in the BIOS)?

mrmike16

Honorable
If you can't access the BIOS with your laptop's keyboard, it is either a setting in the BIOS or the hardware. Have you tried it with another internal keyboard (Not just an external one)?
Also, check the Event Viewer in Windows - maybe it says what happens after those 15 minutes that causes the computer to suddenly recognize it.
Another thing to try:
Go into the BIOS with an external keyboard and wait those 15 minutes. Does the internal keyboard issue occur exactly like it does in Windows (meaning does it suddenly work after 15 minutes while in the BIOS)?

Solution
Apr 7, 2022
Another thing to try:

I haven't checked with another internal keyboard. The repair tech didn't have one compatible with my keyboard and said he'd have to order it and I didn't want to spend 300$ on something that might not work.

I'll definitely check the bios and history tonight when I have access to the computer. I appreciate your input!

Reactions: mrmike16
Status
Not open for further replies.