Kid Shoots Parents Over Halo 3

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]kb70[/nom]I would bet anything that if this kid's surprise was "hey mom and dad, I am gay" that his father wouldn't be as forgiving as he is now about the murder of his wife.[/citation]
If he had said that, I don't think the kid would have had the oppurtunity to shoot his mother. The kid would already be chain up and shipped away to a camp.

G

I dont believe that it is the video game to be at fault. Im fine when it comes to play Halo 3 offline and online... Depending on the nature of the person depends what experience they will get out of it... This guy snuck out to get Halo 3 because he wasnt allowed to play them, so obviously this guy just wasnt suited to playing video games...

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I dont believe that it is the video game to be at fault. Im fine when it comes to play Halo 3 offline and online... Depending on the nature of the person depends what experience they will get out of it... This guy snuck out to get Halo 3 because he wasnt allowed to play them, so obviously this guy just wasnt suited to playing video games...

You didn't even read any of the comments here did you?

G

what a fucking retard he deserves the death penalty in my book. There is no way he can just say "Oh, Uh I guess im sorry for killing my mom, and trying to kill my dad". He should fry in the chair ungrateful little shit!

G

If you ask me I'd say the "kid" is a complete nut job. I also find it funny that everyone tries to make up an excuse for him. "Well he had a snowboarding accident that could have damaged his brain" or maybe he is just fucked up, every think of that. I think to punish the little turd they should strap him to a cahir and make him watch some kids playing halo 3

smartie_not_candie

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Okay, not saying I'm a major gamer or anything and I absolutely LOVE Halo 3, but COME ON! ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!! I am disgusted and incredulous. This is a 17 year old, a pretty much grown man! If his parents banned a violent video game from him, they have reason. If he didn't like the decision(which we all know he didn't) then he could've waited until he was 18 or whatever, moved the hell out, and then he could play it anytime he wanted. Now, (I Hope) he gets to spend the rest of his adult life behind bars, where he CANNOT play Halo 3. The sinister way in which he decided to play his cards is deeply disturbing. "I've got a surprise for you?" This is his mother, the woman who gave him life, his father, the man who he wouldn't exist without. It should not be based on religion, "he could only be wound so tight?" get over it! Definitely not, this piece of shit should get harsh punishment and imprisonment with no parole or anything. Do not blame religion, do not blame parenting, do not blame video games. Blame Daniel Pertic and noone else, because noone else is to blame. I am 15 and I'm addicted to the game Bioshock, if, for whatever reason my mother (who's not too crazy for Bioshock) tells me to call it quits, yeah I'm going to be pissed, and probably even throw stuff around but I will not kill my parent over it, uh-uh no sir not today! As for the family, I understand that you love him, but he killed his mother, your sister, your daughtter, your lover, your friend; and you just want to take him back, I just don't see how, I can't see how. I'm sorry for your loss.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]smartie_not_candie[/nom]I absolutely LOVE Halo 3[/citation]
Stopped there, -1

Actually I didn't. But everything you've said, has already been said.

Point being, we don't know the whole situation. His parents could have been beating him, and the only time he wasn't being beaten and degraded was at his friends home playing Halo 3.

G

The kid is a sociopath, face it, live with it, there is people among us that doesn't think or feel like the rest of us do.

Some become corporate CEO's, some, like this retard become criminals and they should be put down.

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=936

old hag

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
this kid is fucked in the head for one, and two if the parents didnt let him play the game then how the hell did it influence him. honestly i think that the dad was tired of his wife and wanted the son to shoot her.

G

Video games don't cause violence in normal people. This kid is obviously mentally unstable and he needs to be locked away in an institution for the rest of his life. It's possible that his father was abusive but who knows? Whether the kid was abused or not, it's clear he can't function in society. Maybe his mental state had nothing to due with upbringing and he was just always like that. He could be a sociopath. In the end it's not video games that are to blame and if violent video games are ever banned that won't stop people from creating and playing violent video games. It will be like alcohol prohibition. People didn't stop drinking just because it was banned. It's prohibition created a market for people like Al Capone. The same will be true of violent video games. They will never be stopped.

G

What the hell are wrong with these people.The son kills the mother and shoots the father heads and the father apolgiezi him wtf.he just killed your wife and shot youre head wtf.I'am getting out of this country.its weird.I'am going to Japan peace people,

Status
Not open for further replies.