Killian! You're Killin me!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I figure about a week...

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dang.... if I could just get through to the server! You guys having any luck connecting today?

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had a few problems getting stats... Only lasted a few hours though. I never have problems with work units though. I use seti driver and have a 5 wu cache... good for about 16 hours (I used to have it set at 15 units but that was back before the new pipe went in).

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Seems to be working now... yesterday I was dried up, and that won't help me trying to stay ahead of ol' Killian!

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just really want to catch cecsi. He was way ahead of me, I caught right up to within 5 wu I think, and then I had a week or two of reformatting and downtime. He pulled to 125 away, and now I'm slowly reeling him in again...

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Cecsi is back? I didn't know that... I thought he had left the team and everyone was wondering who our founder was!

Our FOUNDER!!!!

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, he's been doing wus for a few months again now.

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
Did a quick check with SETITeam proggy and come the 18th, you should overtake Cecsi by one WU. Soon, I'll be hopping over him myself unless he starts puttin out more than 2-3WU's a day.

GearJammer
<i><font color=blue>It takes 10 'Attaboys' to make up for 1 'Awww...crap!'</font color=blue></i>

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
A little while ago he was putting out just as many as I was (~6 or so). I then added a second computer part time and he's since dropped a few. Shouldn't be too much longer now. After him, I'll be in that spot for a long time though. misu is putting out ~21 a day so I won't catch him, and the next guy is a ways off from me.

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
Ok, I want to know who the heck is #1. I just ran SETI Team and I see this person jump 75 positions to the 7th spot and it shows that he put in over 4000 WU's since I last checked the stats (yesterday)! I'm going to might upset if he is using a patched SETI program. If he found a way to have previous WU's brought over from another team, then he needs to share the info. We have several members who would love to bring in thier WU stats to our team.

GearJammer
<i><font color=blue>It takes 10 'Attaboys' to make up for 1 'Awww...crap!'</font color=blue></i>

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Holy crap. I just saw that too. Wow.

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Actually, I think it's just something wrong with the stats page. That guy is just Scout :smile:

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
How did you find out it was Scout? You know, I just went through the list of users on the SETI site and there seems to be one user or many users who are using the name "#n". Right now the last one is #8. Looks like someone may be trying to take the top 10 spots with different nicks using the same processed WU's. If so, then that person should be deleted off the stats page so as to not skew the results and everyone will see more realistic stats.

Who ever that person may be, has just done one major "Aww...CRAP!"
GearJammer
<i><font color=blue>It takes 10 'Attaboys' to make up for 1 'Awww...crap!'</font color=blue></i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by GearJammer2513 on 11/11/02 12:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Scout had exactly that many wus done, he's just ahead of killian, and he is no longer appearing on our stats... Most likely he just changed his info or something is messed with the stats...

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
OOOOOH....the drama....this is better than All My Children (US soap opera).

[rant]AMD, YOU ARE EVIL!!! GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!!! A STOCK, UNLOCKED CPU!!![/rant]

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, you did it scout... You just passed steelrainn for 6th, just as killian is closing :smile:

Looks like you won't drop below 7th for a long time.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi Guys,
I'm not doing anything dishonest, really! I just built a new rig and got a couple of KVM switches so I could run all the rigs I have on SETI. I've been putting out about 30 a day for the last week or so.

The reason my name disappeared on the stats page is I edited my profile and I unchecked the box that said "use your name" thinking it would hide my real name... but it appears it took "Scout" off the page! I checked the box again and hopefully my name will reappear...

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That's what I figured :smile: