Kindle Fire Captures 30 Percent of Web Traffic Among Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Just think of the increase in sales if they offered the true android market. I do not want to re-purchase the apps I have already purchased. Because of this the fire is not for me.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]extremepcs[/nom]Offer something with the same basic features for $300 less and people actually buy it? OMG![/citation]

I sense a lawsuit coming.

And I'm only half joking...

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Even worse, those apps are not available for purchase in most countries. So is Amazon Prime. Bought a Fire for my wife and all she can buy on it are books or Amazon merchandise. Gonna have to root it methinks.

afamily

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]Just think of the increase in sales if they offered the true android market. I do not want to re-purchase the apps I have already purchased. Because of this the fire is not for me.[/citation]

There is no reason to re-purchase your apps. I have the Fire and love it. If you already have an Android device with apps you have purchased there are several ways to load you old apps. Admittedly it's not as easy as opening the android market. Apps can easily be side loaded or you can use the free app easy installer to load them from email or other sources. I have used a combination of these approaches to load some apps that are not available in the Amazon marketplace and to load others that I bought in the Android Marketplace. Also the amount of free apps you can get from Amazon over time is substantial. Also another option for Apps is the GetJar marketplace.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]extremepcs[/nom]Offer something with the same basic features for $300 less and people actually buy it? OMG![/citation]
*better features

Status
Not open for further replies.