Kindle Fire Source Code Released; Android Market Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTJL

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
[citation][nom]rjandric[/nom]Isn't the hardware same as Playbook?[/citation]

Two comments so far and they all have been voted down and theres nothing that they posted that would warrant that. Odd...

The Playbook and the Kindle Fire have the same form factor and look about the same but from what I've read, the Playbook has more storage,ram and a few more inputs and outputs than the Kindle Fire.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]jetjl[/nom]Two comments so far and they all have been voted down and theres nothing that they posted that would warrant that. Odd... [/citation]

People are really retarded with the voting down thing - I gave you an up to account for the down you had.

G

It's like Android. OpenSource is what makes something takes off. By releasing the source code for Kindle this early on, Amazon will spark more interest from the hacker communities.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]jetjl[/nom]Two comments so far and they all have been voted down and theres nothing that they posted that would warrant that. Odd... The Playbook and the Kindle Fire have the same form factor and look about the same but from what I've read, the Playbook has more storage,ram and a few more inputs and outputs than the Kindle Fire.[/citation]

The processor is a slower version as well (both dual core 1ghz, but the Playbook's packs more punch)

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I don't know why people are out to get Blackberry, nothing but negativity toward them in the media and it is totally unwarranted.

But anyway I see the Asus Transformer going on sale for $249, thinking about getting that instead...good idea?

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]fonzy[/nom]I don't know why people are out to get Blackberry, nothing but negativity toward them in the media and it is totally unwarranted.But anyway I see the Asus Transformer going on sale for $249, thinking about getting that instead...good idea?[/citation]

That's a great price for a Asus Transformer, it'll be much faster than a Kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.