Kindle Paperwhite contrast issues (are they created equal)

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Hello All I had a question that hopefully someone will be able to help me with. I bought one Kindle paperwhite from best buy and the other Amazon.

I noticed that the Kindle I received from amazon the contrast is lighter than the one I received from Best Buy. It seem slight darker than the bestbuy one. So does anyone know if all of the paperwhites are created equal or is there a defect as far as contrast is concerned?

Thanks all

Did you check the settings to make sure they are setup the same? Did you also view it in the same environment?

If yes and they look different, contact Amazon as they should all be pretty close. If you can only tell the difference when looking at them side by side, it's probably fine and withing normal deviation. If you use one, then swap to the other and a few days later it still looks dimmer, that's an issue. Looking at them side by side and seeing a slight shade difference probably not an issue.

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
One still looks slightly dimmer than the other. Amazon is sending a replacement so I'll be able to compare all three. I know it sounds nit picky but why keep a device if it isn't performing the way that it is. I tell if I'm looking at them side by side and I can use them separately and still tell.