Solved! Kodak Easy Share digital camera V550 help please

watersashleigh

Estimable
Jul 8, 2018
I have an old digital camera, it's a Kodak Easy Share V550 pocket series. The memory card is full. A few years ago I brought the card into Walmart and wanted to get all of the pictures printed, I used their kiosk/machine thing in the store. Later that day they called me and told me nothing printed and that my card must be empty. The card is not empty, it's full. I don't know a whole lot about the camera, it was given to me by a relative when she upgraded. I had gotten a few pictures printed from the same card /camera in the past, the only difference I can see on the camera screen is that at the top of every picture there is a lock icon, would that lock the pics in to where they can't be printed? If so, how do I unlock it? I really want these pics printed, there's 210 pics and they are all of my kids when they were little. Can anyone help?

Solution
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have not because I don't have a computer, I do, however, have a tablet but I'm not sure if you can copy the pics into a tablet. If it matters, I just bought it a month ago brand new , it's a Samsung Tab A 10.1 2019 model (huge step up for me from my original Samsung Tab A 8.0, I think 2016 maybe).

It may be possible to copy to the tablet using an MHL USB cable and card reader. The camera and card may have been set to read only which is why you would see the lock. You should find someone you know with a computer and a card reader, or get a card reader to use for the card in the camera, or the camera may be seen as a storage device if connected with a USB cable to a computer. Then copy the files...

watersashleigh

Estimable
Jul 8, 2018
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have not because I don't have a computer, I do, however, have a tablet but I'm not sure if you can copy the pics into a tablet. If it matters, I just bought it a month ago brand new , it's a Samsung Tab A 10.1 2019 model (huge step up for me from my original Samsung Tab A 8.0, I think 2016 maybe).

It may be possible to copy to the tablet using an MHL USB cable and card reader. The camera and card may have been set to read only which is why you would see the lock. You should find someone you know with a computer and a card reader, or get a card reader to use for the card in the camera, or the camera may be seen as a storage device if connected with a USB cable to a computer. Then copy the files to the computer for backups.

You don't want to have any files you want to keep safe in just one place, especially something that can fail or get damaged like a tiny memory card in a camera.

Solution