Kodak M1093IS digital camera shuts down

jimjoe

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
My Kodak m1093is suddenly started shutting down immediately after powering on. Lens extends, camera dings, lens retracts and powers off. Anybody know a fix for this?

Does this happen with a new battery or one that you have had for a while? If it is a replacement battery it is Kodak branded? I only ask these questions because an old battery may not be holding much of a charge and might cause this to happen. Sometimes cameras don't work well with batteries that are not branded by the manufacturer of the camera.

Canon Support Site

jimjoe

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

jimjoe

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

You can try this. It seemed to work for a user in this forum:
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/kodak-m763-camera-turns-on-then-off-346697/

"4. finally... i decided this may work like the iPod.. so i held down the ON/OFF button while holding down the Time/Ascending Folder button (its in the circular panel where OK button is ... it is the button under OK on the circular panel) ... and eventually that green blinking light kept blinking... and all of a sudden i the monitor was showing picture again .. i took a picture of myself... deleted it... went back to camera mode... turned off the camera turned it back on... and its back to normal...."

I realize this is a different camera but it may be worth a shot.

jimjoe

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

jimjoe

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
Tried your most recent suggestion and didn't work; in frustration banged it on the desk top a couple times and presto it works. Now I know why people kick troublesome vending machines.