Iain next door

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
Hi, my friend has a MXQ Pro box with Kodi, was working fine. Then it stopped working, everything else was still going but when she went to watch a movie, Kodi was 'working' then nothing, just didn't load any streams to select on any movie, even some she had watched previously. She gets to select a movie, Kodi says 'working' for 30 or so seconds and when you expect the streams to appear, nothing!
She took the box upstairs to try on her new smart TV in her bedroom and everything worked as normal, able to watch movies etc.
At first I thought her ISP (Sky) had blocked her but then she told me about connecting it to the upstairs TV and it was working. This has me totally bamboozled, same IP, same WIFI, same box just different TV's. I don't know the make of the TV's, the router is closest to the downstairs TV, almost next to it in fact.
I have included as much information as I have at this time.
Can anyone shed anylight on this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Iain next door

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017

It was always cable connected to the first one, and has also been tried WiFi on it, that ws one detail I did miss out sorry. Because of distance (across the room, along hall, up stairs and across bedroom), it's not really feasible to wire it and only for purposes of testing, not worth getting a powerline kit.

Iain next door

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
Yes, the connection is stable and solid. As I said, it was working, everything loads except the streams, it has been checked and checked again. It has just stopped loading streams on the downstairs TV

gecko_girl3

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I am having the same problem! I have two second gen firesticks. I have Kodi installed on both (Kodi 17.3 on one and 17.5 on the other). Both firesticks work on all tv's in all rooms of my house. BUT Kodi will not stream in the rear bedroom (my home office). I even picked up a wifi extender that I am using as an access point (have ethernet 5e cable connected from router to wifi extender, wifi goibg the two feet from the extender access point to the tv) in the rear bedroom. I can stream just fine through Prime and Mobdro, but I cannot stream on Kodi in this room at all. The audio and video feeds are very choppy/stutter like mad. Then, if I stop the choppy Kodi streaming and try to stream/watch a movie on Prime, I can't stream anything. I have to reboot the firestick and start over. Every time, multiple sticks. My wifi signal according to speedtest.net is faster/stronger than it's ever been with the extender/access point. I have tried ALL of the recommended tweaks to minimize stutter/buffering, but none will work in this particular room. Yes, I use a VPN (IPVanish) and have tried streaming through Kodi with and without the VPN connected. It makes no sense that Firestick 1, while hooked up to TV 1, streams kodi fine in one room (with slower internet speeds), but will not stream kodi in another room (same stick/tv combo), yet streams Prime movies/shows and mobdro just the same as when in the first room. So frustrating! HELP?!?