KOTION EACH G1000 mic barely audible

Apr 26, 2018
So, until yesterday mic was working relatively well. I joined a skype call without the mic plugged in. Skype was configured to use my headset mic, so naturally nobody could hear me. I plugged the mic, yet still nobody could hear me. Restarted the system with the mic plug in (pink jack) and still skype was not picking my voice.

Today I went deeper, looked at sound properties, etc. Realized my mic was picking my voice, but barely. Tested a different headset (a cheap logitech one) and that mic was working fine, levels were good, I could hear me and my friends could hear me. Tested both mics again in another PC and the same: logitech -> fine , kotion -> barely audible. So I guess it’s not a config nor a driver issue.

Why could this happen? the headset has never fell, its 2 months old, not a scratch and was working really well up until yesterday.

I have a Samsung RC530 laptop, with a build in mic. Funny thing: when my headset's mic is not plugged in, the system picks my voice (it defaults to the build in mic), but when I connect the headset's mic it drops, barely picking anything. But in recording devices it only shows one mic, that changes accordingly (I have both "show disconnected/disable" ticked).

Apr 26, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from r.fuertes90 : "KOTION EACH G1000 mic barely audible"

So, until yesterday mic was working relatively well. I joined a skype call without the mic plugged in. Skype was configured to use my headset mic, so naturally nobody could hear me. I plugged the mic, yet still nobody could hear me. Restarted the system with the mic plug in (pink jack) and still skype was not picking my voice.

Today I went deeper, looked at sound properties, etc. Realized my mic was picking my voice, but barely. Tested a different headset (a cheap logitech one) and that mic was working fine, levels were good, I could hear me and my friends could hear me. Tested both mics again in another PC and the same: logitech -> fine , kotion -> barely audible. So I guess it’s not a config nor a driver issue.

Why could this happen? the headset has never fell, its 2 months old, not a scratch and was working really well up until yesterday.

I have a Samsung RC530 laptop, with a build in mic. Funny thing: when my headset's mic is not plugged in, the system picks my voice (it defaults to the build in mic), but when I connect the headset's mic it drops, barely picking anything. But in recording devices it only shows one mic, that changes accordingly (I have both "show disconnected/disable" ticked).