Solved! KVM Switch Audio Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhGod

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
Hello.

Bought a cheap little pair of used Sanyun 2.0 Channel wired USB speakers and can't get them to work off of my KVM switch L/R Output. They work when connected to the laptops, however. Shouldn't these work off of the KVMswitch - otherwise what is the output for?

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Update: Okay, so got this to kind of work.

There are just (only) two USB ports on the KVM Switch and these are specifically marked as keyboard and mouse inputs, respectively. As such, I was connecting the speaker's USB to my main laptop and the audio cable to the KVM Switch. As soon as I changed the speaker's USB to the USB port marked as "mouse", it worked although I have a little bit of feedback on them. Will probably need to get a USB Splitter to make it all work together since I have two USB receivers (one each) for my mouse and keyboard).

OhGod

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
Update: Okay, so got this to kind of work.

There are just (only) two USB ports on the KVM Switch and these are specifically marked as keyboard and mouse inputs, respectively. As such, I was connecting the speaker's USB to my main laptop and the audio cable to the KVM Switch. As soon as I changed the speaker's USB to the USB port marked as "mouse", it worked although I have a little bit of feedback on them. Will probably need to get a USB Splitter to make it all work together since I have two USB receivers (one each) for my mouse and keyboard).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.