L305D-S5900 from Vista to XP SUCCESS Story

Mredd

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
My uncle bought a Toshiba L305D-S5900 from Walmart. a few weeks later he wanted to run some GPS software on it and it crashed his Vista machine. So I get a call, "Can you Fix it"? So I start the task of loading Windows XP Pro. I managed to find all the drivers and am going to share them with anyone else who needs them.
The Toshiba Windows XP drivers are from a Satellite Pro model L300D-EZ1001V. It has the same AMD processor and chipset. The modem is a Toshiba Software modem so the Modem will not be in the Sysem/harware directory until the software is installed. The Biggest problem I had was with the Antheros Wireless card. I finally found the drivers Here: http://www.atheros.cz/ I downloaded the AR5006EX and it finally worked. Non of the Toshiba drivers did. The SM Buss driver is included with the ATI Graphics driver from the Toshiba L300D-EZ1001V. Everything on my project works flawlessly. It took me a long time to get it right! I hope this helps some poor soul out there that has the same problem I did. I am no fan of Windows Vista..

Good Luck.

I edited the Satelite Pro Model from L300D-EZ2101V to L300D-EZ1001V. Sorry for the mistake.

insafeuste

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Where did you find the L300D-EZ2101V drivers? I went to the Toshiba support website and it seems this model does not exist... At least I got the wireless card working thanks to your link. Now I just need the chipset...

Mredd

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
I'm Sorry, My Bad... It is the L300D-EZ1001V Notice same Processor and South Bridge Chipset. TK-57 and AMD M690G. You wont find the South Bridge Driver listed, Just download the ATI Graphics Zip and install it. The SB driver is included from the Toshiba Pro L300D-EZ1001V ATI Graphics download. Do not use the AMD site download for the graphics chipset. This one took me for a loop too. This laptop rawks with XP loaded. Fast, lots of RAM and large HD. Worse case, email me. I don't know if this site has PM's or not, If you need to contact me reply to this message with an email address and I'll get back to you. :sol:

Good luck,
Chris

G

Thanks, man, it was really veeeery helpful!
But what about the cam? Did you use the drivers for the L300D-EZ1001V model as well? Coz it didn't really work...

doppelganger85

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Hello everyone...
I was lucky to get the L305D-S5900 running XP Pro...Actually the only problem driver I had was for the Chicony Web-Cam it has. For a cheap 20 or 25 bucks a year, I highly recommend driveragent.com. As long as you can get the network or wireless driver for your machine on a flash drive BEFORE you re-install the new OS - driveragent.com does the rest. It real is amazing. The drivers they give you are form the hardware manufacturers websites and are the most up-to-date ones out. They even give you an options of using older compatible drivers if you find the newest ones not doing enough for your system...The site simply scans your system and detects what hardware you have. Best of luck - John

Mredd

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
ALL of the drivers are listed in this post. The camera drivers are available from the TOSHIBA web site. I even posted the URL. Personally? I would hesitate installing software that probes my PC for information.

Jmitchm46

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I fouind everything but the SM BUSS driver this Video driver for the Toshiba Saellite Pro worked like a charm Thanks a bunch . John

Mredd

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
Went to Walmart the other day and they are closing these out! $498.00. I could not resist and bought one. This is a fantastic price on a stunning laptop. I installed XP as a dual boot using the drivers I posted. My new Toshi blows away our HP we paid over $1500.00 for not so long ago. If you have the extra coin? Run, don't walk to Walmart and grab one.

starshine

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Mredd - would you contact me, please. This post is tempting me to try yet another rebuild on my 305D-5900.......

Email me as starshine at thedarkstream.com please.

Thanks so much for this note. I've been all over the web and no one has the info you put together here.

liquidpower

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
thank you sooo much it was taking me forever to find that wifi driver i put on xp 64 bit for shits a giggles i guess but it even had that one and most of the

G

Hi Thanks, so much for the information if you still have these drivers, please let me know where I can get it or if you still have it can you forward those to me. my e-mail address is dukebdev@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

rdegner

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Mredd,

Oh Guru of all that is Toshiba downgrades. Your post helped me get everything up smoothly except for the video. Ive read and re-read your post about the Graphics chipset driver but i can see to find it. Ive downloaded 3 or 4 different files in hopes but it always fails. i have an L300D-03T. Before i downgraded i took note that the Display adaptor was an X1300 but i cant get it to work.

Would you have any thoughts of what Im missing?
You can post back here, Ill check or... you can email me at rdegner at telus dot net

Thanks for much for taking the time to share.

Ryan

opticell

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Thank you. I hope this post never goes away. I was frustrated when I couldn't find drivers for my L305D-S5900, but found this. You saved my computer, and my sanity. Thanks so much and thanks to Toms hardware for hosting this site.

josephaudrei_delacruz

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
hi i just came from my aunt to downgrade her windows vista to xp. as i do the booting, i experienced immediate power off at random time(i mean like a surprise) it will turn off. so i never get to finish the set up, i tried again, then it finished copying and proceed to the 39 minute thing.. and suddenly, the 39 minutes was not even decreased by a minute it turns off again.. and i end up thinkin' that laptop doesn't want to become windows xp, i searched here and i found u succeed in installation. what could be the problem that interrupts my installation? i end up installing windows 7 instead, but i cant install the v card driver..
please help

mrbuckem

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

I CAINT GET THE SOUND CAR 2 WORK??????? HELP PLEASE