Hammad Latif

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Hello guys! I have Toshiba Satellite C55-B0568 notebook. From a few days, it gets stuck/freezes a lot. While surfing internet, downloading or working on ms office, it freezes and then I have to forcefully shutdown it.

Notebook specifications are:

Intel Core i3 4005U
4GB DDR3L RAM
500GB HDD
15.6" Display (Intel HD4400)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

PS: I have tried reinstalling windows, formatting HDD and registry check, but nothing worked.

Solution
Well there are a few things that could cause the problem. Software wise, you could have malware or a virus running in the background when you don't know it, which would cause the computer to freeze. I would really suggest running checks on the system to make sure there isn't anything.

Also, if you have a lot of things running at once, even if you aren't actively using them, this would cause the freezing. Make sure there is nothing running in the background.

Next I would clear out the cache and history to any/all browsers you use. That stuff builds up fast. And when you are going to play any game other software/site that uses a lot of resources, make sure your browser has either been restarted (if playing through it) or is closed (if...
Well there are a few things that could cause the problem. Software wise, you could have malware or a virus running in the background when you don't know it, which would cause the computer to freeze. I would really suggest running checks on the system to make sure there isn't anything.

Also, if you have a lot of things running at once, even if you aren't actively using them, this would cause the freezing. Make sure there is nothing running in the background.

Next I would clear out the cache and history to any/all browsers you use. That stuff builds up fast. And when you are going to play any game other software/site that uses a lot of resources, make sure your browser has either been restarted (if playing through it) or is closed (if playing something directly on the computer). I say this because the ad-ons that run with browsers can use up a ton of resources.

Lastly, try running monitoring software, like Speedfan or other similar software. The reason is that if the system is overheating in any way, it can also cause freezing (and eventually damage).

Solution