Laptop ASUS K56CB-X0130H random shutdown

megavat

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Hi all!

I have problem whit my laptop ASUS K56CB-X0130H. My laptop is randomly (I cant find any pattern) shutdown power (no BSOD) when I'm working on it and I cant find what cause this problem.
I have reinstalled Windows many times and this problem was on on Win 8, Win 8.1 and Win 10 (clear and freshly installed).
Mother board was changed in serves center. Also laptop was tested in serves center and they didn't find any problems.
Power shuts down even when laptop is working only from battery.
Laptop is works normally after I switch it on after power off until next time.

I personally think that some how Chrome is involved because each shutdown happen when this program is running.

Currently I have installed Linux and I’m not experiencing this problem anymore. However I’m not a Linux fan and I want to use Win 10.

So how do I determine what is causing this problem?

Solution
OK That is really odd. Try this and see if it still happens... if it doesn't, then I would look at the display or the ribbon cable that connects the display as being the issue. If it still occurs, even on the external monitor, then I woulds start to wonder if the graphics card/GPU is going.

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

megavat

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
OK. I probably finally fix this problem.
Not sure, what exactly helped, but now my laptop works fine for now.

First, I download latest drivers for my Nvidia and Intel graphic cards. Then I disconnect my laptop from Wi-Fi and completely uninstall all video drivers. After that, I restarted my laptop and installed the latest drivers.

I also make some changes in Power Settings.

• Change lid close action to hibernate from sleep
    Set Intel graphics power plan
    on battery: maximum battery life
    plugged in: balanced
    Set intel dynamic platform and thermal framework settings
    config TDP level
    on battery: 10.0W @ 1.0GHz
    plugged in: 10.0W @ 1.0GHz.
I hope now I won’t have this shutdowns anymore. However, if I do, I’ll update this post.

Tanks.

OK That is really odd. Try this and see if it still happens... if it doesn't, then I would look at the display or the ribbon cable that connects the display as being the issue. If it still occurs, even on the external monitor, then I woulds start to wonder if the graphics card/GPU is going.

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

Solution