Laptop Audio Jack Not Working

Nathaniel_7

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
So guys I own an asus laptop. My audio jack was working perfectly until this morning when I plugged my earphones in, usually there is a RealTek pop up that ask permission to use the earphones but no pop ups this time and when I play my music, it plays through the speakers. I tried Updating the realtek but still no changes. I tried restarting my laptop several times but still no changes either. I tested my earphones on other devices and it works perfectly so it's not in the earphones. I tried looking at playback devices but it's not there also. my laptop is in tiptop shape and this happened for the first time and I don't have money to repair it right now cause I'm a broke student... any ideas how did this happened and how to solve this? Thanks guys in advance.

Nathaniel_7

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
No sir Unfortunately it doesn't show up in the device manager.. It's actually weird that this happens all of a sudden.. I never dropped my laptop once and it's a complete mystery. anyway anyother solutions do you have in mind cause I'm really broke ass. but thanks tho my good sir and merry christmas :)

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
Oct 31, 2015
If you installed any Windows updates, I might try uninstalling those. Download the correct driver from ASUS website and try reinstalling it. Go to the "Run" bar and type dxdiag and then hit Enter and see if any problems are found.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 0
P Audio 0
N Audio 6
S Audio 0
T Audio 0
M Audio 0
alexanderisreallygreat Audio 3
A Audio 6
N Audio 1
S Audio 1
H Audio 2