Laptop battery light is orange. I hit the power button. lights flash once and wont power on

Mockmock

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
My Asus laptop will not turn on. I charge it. The battery light is green. I go to hit the power button and the only thing that happens is the lights flash once and it dies. I take the power cord out of the laptop and put it back in the port and the charging light does not light up anymore

Solution
Have you tried a different charging cord on it, to see if the cord is the problem?

Also, you can try the following...

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.
Have you tried a different charging cord on it, to see if the cord is the problem?

Also, you can try the following...

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

Solution

Ladybugyep

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Im having the same issue but cannot charge it because when I plug it up, the red light immediately goes to Orange and it won't charge. When I try to turn it on, it flashes 2% battery for about 1 second and then disappears. House I can't get the battery out. Aleady cracked the screen trying. Nextbook tech support will not help and I've only been able to use it once since I bought it. Ridiculous and I'll never buy another one of their products

enbodylin

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018

sentinal.jb

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
Depending on the model of the ASUS, there has been a number of them where the actual power connector has disconnected from the mainboard. As a result, the battery was not able to recharge beyond the level of powering up and then immediate shutdown until there was no power left for even that to happen. I stripped my ASUS down to mainboard only and took this to a shopas I do not have the steadyness nor the tools to do such a job, Here in Australia it cost me $40 incl the new power connector all finished. Back to home and re assembled, the whole system works like new.
This is just a suggestion, as I only found it by applying more pressure to the power jack. This completed a circuit until I released the pressure. Once released everything went off.