Laptop can't turn on

Banndodo

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
As I was doing something on my laptop it suddenly turned off.I thought that my battery died so I putted the charger, but then it wasn't turning either.It started doing the sounds it does when it turns on but then stops.Strange thing is:all the little lights turn on but the monitor is not

Solution
Then it may actually be on, but the display isn't. Try this...

Turn the laptop completely off (no sounds/lights). Connect an external monitor. Turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

If you can see on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you still can't see on the external monitor, but are certain there are sounds coming from the laptop showing it is on, then your graphics card/GPU are the problem and will need replacing (which means the motherboard may need replacing).
Then it may actually be on, but the display isn't. Try this...

Turn the laptop completely off (no sounds/lights). Connect an external monitor. Turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

If you can see on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you still can't see on the external monitor, but are certain there are sounds coming from the laptop showing it is on, then your graphics card/GPU are the problem and will need replacing (which means the motherboard may need replacing).

Solution