Laptop charge keeps flickering

mysticman95

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
Hello, I recently attempted to use my battery, and the charge status/light turns on and off every 15-30 seconds. The computer is a dell inspiron, about 2 years old. I am using the charge cord that came with the laptop. For the past year, I have only used the computer without the battery, because the charging process was causing game lag. (so the charge cord is working) When the computer is completely off, and when it is on Windows, the 15-30 second charge on and off still occurs. I am wondering what might be causing this and a possible solution given the circumstances, outlet works, charger works, and the battery is currently about 50%, it slowly gets higher accepting the every other 15-30 bursts. This is an inconvenience and I am worried it might be damaging the battery. Thanks

Solution
It sounds like an issue with the board (the circuit that delivers the charge to the battery), but it might be the battery itself; only way to determine it is to replace your current battery. It's worth checking the pins that connect to the battery, also; make sure there's no apparent physical or liquid damage.
It sounds like an issue with the board (the circuit that delivers the charge to the battery), but it might be the battery itself; only way to determine it is to replace your current battery. It's worth checking the pins that connect to the battery, also; make sure there's no apparent physical or liquid damage.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS