Laptop charger connects and disconnects while laptop is plugged and battery inserted

Mar 14, 2018
Hello everyone im facing a weird issue with my laptop. I was using my laptop plugged in and with battery inserted when computer alerted that the charger was disconected, after 20 sec it connected again and so on it disconnected again. I though it was the power jack or charger fault but I was wrong. Power jack and charger works fine, I proved that by removing the battery and running the laptop. Plugged in and without battery it works fine, no disconnect at all, but when I plug in and battery inserted it works fine for a bit then the battery status changes to "plugged in, not charging" then it disconnects.

Does anyone have a idea what is happening or what is the issue?
Maybe it is the win10 fault or charger or hardware idk really :/

Sounds like it could be the charger anyway.

When they go bad they can often not be able to charge and run the device at the same time. This leads to the issue you are having, or it not powering the battery at all while the laptop is on.

Try charging it while the laptop is off and see if it works fine then. If so, I would look into replacing the charger.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
anonymous30 Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Charger blinks when connected to Laptop
Solved! My toshiba S70 will operate when only the AC charger is connected but when I install new battery the laptop will not come on
Solved! I have dell laptop. I can't open it without charger connection. When I am switching off charger switch , system shut down. So
Haier Laptop, Fps drops when charger is connected.
Laptop Battery 0% Available (Plugged in, Charging), When Connected to Universal Charger
My charger for my laptop does not work how do I connect the wires to repair
I worked on my laptop and then it suddenly got off without any warning.now it do not power on.when i connect into charger only
i have been using hp i7 laptop for Approximately 5 years but now it doesnot opens up with out the charger connected on it.why
Laptop just shut down.... It was connected to the charger and the battery was like 70% now I'm trying to switch it on and it i
My dell laptop is not charging, my charger is working but when i connect with laptop its indicator light is off
My laptop doesn't charge when I connect the charger, and when I remove the charger, it shows that its charging, now the batter
Laptop charger connects and disconnects when plugged in
My laptop doesnt turn on without connecting to charger. But when it is turned on with charger connected and then charger remov
My charger blinks when it is connected to laptop but nothing on the laptop turns on. Charger does not blink when not connected
I have a machines E627 laptop, and it won't turn on unless the charger is connected. I can't find the charger so what do I do?
my laptop charger is giving 15 volt instead of 19.5 volt...when i connect it on and off in 1 sec..what i do?
my ASUS laptop(bought 1 month earlier) is not switching ON without connecting the charger. HELP???
When i connected my laptop to the power its charging light gets white, and can turn on. But i removed the charger laptop turn
what is the second charger cord that connects directly to the laptop called
when i connect my charger nothing on the laptop turns on and my charger blinks only when its connected to the lsptop but ive t

ASK THE COMMUNITY