Laptop charger connects and disconnects while laptop is plugged and battery inserted

Mar 14, 2018
Hello everyone im facing a weird issue with my laptop. I was using my laptop plugged in and with battery inserted when computer alerted that the charger was disconected, after 20 sec it connected again and so on it disconnected again. I though it was the power jack or charger fault but I was wrong. Power jack and charger works fine, I proved that by removing the battery and running the laptop. Plugged in and without battery it works fine, no disconnect at all, but when I plug in and battery inserted it works fine for a bit then the battery status changes to "plugged in, not charging" then it disconnects.

Does anyone have a idea what is happening or what is the issue?
Maybe it is the win10 fault or charger or hardware idk really :/

Solution
Sounds like it could be the charger anyway.

When they go bad they can often not be able to charge and run the device at the same time. This leads to the issue you are having, or it not powering the battery at all while the laptop is on.

Try charging it while the laptop is off and see if it works fine then. If so, I would look into replacing the charger.
Sounds like it could be the charger anyway.

When they go bad they can often not be able to charge and run the device at the same time. This leads to the issue you are having, or it not powering the battery at all while the laptop is on.

Try charging it while the laptop is off and see if it works fine then. If so, I would look into replacing the charger.

Solution