Question Laptop charger turns off during heavy load

Aug 4, 2019
Hello, so I have been looking to replace my current MSI laptop charger as it will suddenly stop charging during heavy load. It will be charging fine when idle or turned off, but as soon as I start running slightly demanding games the LED-power indicator shuts off and my computer stop’s charging. I’m not entirely sure if it’s the charger or the battery, or if it could be something else?
It’d be great if anyone had any insight as to which it might be.
On that note, I’ve been looking for replacements for my charger. And the ones listed on Amazon for my current pc brand (MSI GT72VR 6RD), have a slightly different input amperage. All the other values (Wattage, output Volts and Ampere) will be exactly the same as my current one except the input amperage.
My current charger is a 100-240V, 50-60Hz with 3.5A input. The ones I’ve been looking at is sitting at 3.2A input. I’m wondering if this 0.3A difference will affect my pc in any way? Considering the fact that it’s listed for my pc model.

I would suggest making sure the replacements you get (battery and/or charger) are the exact ones for your laptop. No aftermarket or off versions. Otherwise you risk damage to the laptop.

It really isn't worth it to spend less only to have it damage your device.

Additionally, it is not uncommon for the laptop to not charge when it is under heavy load due to there being a limited amount of power that can be sent to the device. If you are pulling power to do other things, it can't be directed to the battery.