laptop charging issue

Ganesh Garapati

Estimable
Oct 1, 2015
my dell inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop display gets turned of immedietely after plugging in the charger. I have to again press the power botton to bring it into life. I tried to change power options but I didnt find any option in the settings
related to this issue

Solution
Hi,

It can only be caused by a failing AC adapter where it's supplying to much voltage or either the motherboard is short circuiting for some reason. The only way to find out to get another AC adapter or borrow from someone who has the same model and test it. If does still shut down when an AC adapter is plugged in it means there's something wrong with the motherboard of your laptop.
Hi,

It can only be caused by a failing AC adapter where it's supplying to much voltage or either the motherboard is short circuiting for some reason. The only way to find out to get another AC adapter or borrow from someone who has the same model and test it. If does still shut down when an AC adapter is plugged in it means there's something wrong with the motherboard of your laptop.

Solution