Laptop Comparison Gaming

RocketRaccoonENG

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
Hi Guys, I'm in the market for a new laptop and I've found 2 in particular that I intend to use for gaming and 3d modelling but I'm not entirely sure which one to go with so I would like your opinion on them, the specs for both laptops are:

Laptop A -

Asus X555LD-XX057H Laptop

Intel Core i5-4210U
8GB RAM + 1TB HDD
15.6" HD LED
NVIDIA Geforce 820
Windows 8.1

HP Envy m16

AMD A-10 5750M
8GB RAM + 1TB HDD
AMD Radeon HD 8650G + HD 7600M Dual Graphics
15.6" HD LED
Windows 8.1

Thanks

Solution
Based off the CPUs themselves, I'm leaning towards your second choice and going with HP. The HP has a higher clock and more cores. On the GPU level, I believe the ASUS has only 1GB of RAM on the GPU while the HP has 2GB. They are a little low in comparison to current desktop gaming cards, but the 2 would serve you better than only the 1. If your two options are between the two, I would go with the HP.
Both are decent. The HP Envy might actually perform slightly better than the Asus as far as gaming goes. When it comes to your 3D modelling programs, however, you'll need to look into the software developer's support page for what they recommend (look for "system requirements"). Depending on the software, there's a chance you may need a computer with a better CPU and a better dedicated GPU.

mudpuppet

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Based off the CPUs themselves, I'm leaning towards your second choice and going with HP. The HP has a higher clock and more cores. On the GPU level, I believe the ASUS has only 1GB of RAM on the GPU while the HP has 2GB. They are a little low in comparison to current desktop gaming cards, but the 2 would serve you better than only the 1. If your two options are between the two, I would go with the HP.

Solution