Laptop connect to LCD with HDMI , how do I connect my non hdmi receiver in order to get the surround sounds and not the LCD's

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yanivro

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
hey guys , I'm having trouble with connecting my sound system to my LCD/Laptop

I've connected my Laptop to my LCD via an hdmi cable and the picture is more than great.

Problem is that I can't get sound from my surround system , I'm using Yamaha AV receiver RX-V557 and I just hear the sounds from my LCD speakers.

I do have a cable with the red and white jacks , but I'm not sure where to connect them...

Solution

That doesn't exist.

Now that said what is likely your problem that the sound doesn't work from the headphone is you need to disable digital audio. Right click on your volume control and open the "Volume Mixer" there should be a device called Digital or HDMI, you first want to try and mute that, then look for speakers/headphones and unmute it. If that does not work, then click on the actual Digital or HDMI device picture and in the properties window that comes up there is a selection on the bottom that says "Device Usage". Change that to "Disable". That should then activate your headphone jack.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015

Lol I forgot about that entirely... Oops