Laptop corner shadow with gray spot!

GatewayClueless

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014
All of a sudden my laptop screen Gateway NV52L23u HD LCD screen developed a shadow. It has never been dropped or banged. It's a dark spot created with a grey shadow fade in the left corner of the screen. I restarted the computer then it went away. Then when it goes to sleep it comes back or when I shut it down and turn it on after a few hours it's back. It stays this way while I am working. If I have to shut it off I put it on hibernate and it's fine, if I put it on sleep or it goes to sleep it's back. After a few restarts the screen comes back again. I bought it in April 2013 so it is past the one year warranty.

What to do is it the screen and how can I fix it reasonably?

GatewayClueless

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014

This is what it looks like
ry%3D400

It started when the computer went to sleep. When I shut it off and restarted it disappeared. Unfortunately, it came back again when I left my laptop on for awhile. When I do print screen it doesn't show up. If I take a picture with my phone it does. This picture represent the exact way it appears on my Gateway laptop.

GatewayClueless

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014

Yeah still the same issue. It is out of warranty. Happened just after the one year anniversary. It appears as soon as I go through start up. I feel I can fix it since it doesn't appear when I do print screen. It's like a shadow. How can the solder joint go if it hasn't been dropped or hit. This happened when the computer become hot or on sleep mode. Just feel it's connected in some way to the sleep mode. When it came back from the sleep mode that is when it appeared. It's like a switch isn't fully on.

GatewayClueless

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks I will take it in for them to look at. Or could I do it myself. I am game as long as I get instructions on how to do it. Did fixes on my Toshiba.

Also why does it happen in the same area when it comes to the screen? Pic provided was from another user with the same issue. Now it stuck like that. Just want to know how much does it cost to fix. What is a reasonable price to fix it?

Should I start a new thread..looking for an new router that is fast, reliable 5g.