ankx22

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
I have a sony sve15136cn laptop with i5 3230m and amd 7500/7600m graphics.I tried to reinstall windows on in and now it keeps crashing constantly.At first its\ crashed as soon as i installed the graphics driver but then i tried to keep it on microsoft basic graphics driver but still it crashes and the screen turns black and flashes repeatedly.

Is there any certain BIOS setting for windows install? Coz i tried UEFI without secure boot and with secure boot but same problem occurs.

Lutfij

Splendid
Are you on the latest BIOS for your Sony laptop? Which OS are you trying to deal with? Windows 10 or prior? If Windows 10, you will need to recreate your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Side note, how old is the laptop? Did you clear the cooling vents of dust and debris and given a fresh application of thermal paste?

ankx22

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

Yes I am trying to install windows 10.Cant I use rufus to make a bootable usb?Yes its fairly clean and without any dust.Its an old laptop but quite maintained.Also it was quite working before but it lagged a lot so i decided to format it with a clean install and this is happening now.