Solved! Laptop Crashing/Closing after 10 seconds of game and its not overheating.

May 29, 2019
First of all i started using this laptop only a couple a days ago its battery was not working. It was working fine till yesterday but then it closed down once while i opened too many programs(google chrome/discord/agario/minecraft)at once.The overheating limit on this laptop is 100 C. It is very old laptop 7-8 years old.
GPU- Geforce GT540M
CPU - Core i5 2nd gen
The game that i am talking about is minecraft which isn't really a super graphics/processor intensive game. If you want me to run tests tell me.

Solution
First of all i started using this laptop only a couple a days ago its battery was not working. It was working fine till yesterday but then it closed down once while i opened too many programs(google chrome/discord/agario/minecraft)at once.The overheating limit on this laptop is 100 C. It is very old laptop 7-8 years old.
GPU- Geforce GT540M
CPU - Core i5 2nd gen
The game that i am talking about is minecraft which isn't really a super graphics/processor intensive game. If you want me to run tests tell me.

Hey there! I think we may need to ask some questions to get a better idea of what is happening. Provide as much detail as possible so we can help point you in the right direction.

• When you say the laptop is...

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
GPU- Geforce GT540M
CPU - Core i5 2nd gen

Hey there! I think we may need to ask some questions to get a better idea of what is happening. Provide as much detail as possible so we can help point you in the right direction.

• When you say the laptop is crashing/closing, what specifically do you mean? Does it power off completely or just reboot?
  • Do you see any error messages after starting it up again, or before it crashes? If so, what are the specific error messages you see?
  • Can you power it back on immediately or does it take a while before it can run again?
  • You mentioned the battery isn't working. Does the laptop show how much power is in the battery when you start up the machine? What percentage is there when the laptop is not plugged in?
  • Does the laptop run completely fine and without any limits, until you launch Minecraft?

Solution

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
1. it reboots 2. no 3. it reboots so it starts itself 4. this is what it shows 'http://prntscr.com/nv0vqg 5 i can browse web with no issue

Okay, that screenshot is very interesting. Can you power off the laptop, leave it powered off for maybe 30 minutes (not plugged in either) then remove the battery from the PC (if this can be conveniently done)? Be careful when doing that as damaged batteries can be messy/dangerous.

Examining the battery will confirm there is physically a battery present as well as giving you a chance to see if the battery is leaking, or in some other way obviously damaged. Can you provide the make/model of the laptop, just in case someone in the community has more direct knowledge of the machine?

May 29, 2019
kay, that screenshot is very interesting. Can you power off the laptop, leave it powered off for maybe 30 minutes (not plugged in either) then remove the battery from the PC (if this can be conveniently done)? Be careful when doing that as damaged batteries can be messy/dangerous.

Examining the battery will confirm there is physically a battery present as well as giving you a chance to see if the battery is leaking, or in some other way obviously damaged. Can you provide the make/model of the laptop, just in case someone in the community has more direct knowledge of the machine?
I have tried removing the battery and running it and keeping the battery and then running it in both scenarios the laptop shows no difference in performance (same problems) btw i am using a HCL model and i highly doubt anyone would know about it on here as it is a company only in my country.