Laptop cutting out soon after Starting games.

Matthews_MTB

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
Hello all,
I've recently encountered some problems with my Razer blade 2014 laptop.
The specs are stock so you'll be able to find them on razerzone, also have the 512GB ssd version.
Until a month or two ago, gaming performance was admirable and I had no issues with it. However, recently I have been encountering a number of issues. The first and most major is the fact that the laptop will shut down with no warning when I'm playing games. This will always occur within about 10 minutes of running the game, no matter what settings I have it on. I was able to play fallout 4 on ultra settings at 1080p when I first got it and last week my laptop shut itself down after 10 minutes of play on low settings. This even happened when I was just on the menu screen for dying light, I hadn't even started playing yet.
Another issue I've noted when playing is a persistent, almost regular stuttering every few seconds. The frame rate will drop by 10-20 for a split second and then the game will catch up with itself. This happens on every game I play, no matter how intensive.
Also, games sometimes load up with incredibly low framerates, as if they are using the integrated graphics rather than the GTX 870M, despite me setting all games to automatically use the NVIDIA graphics card in the 3D manager settings (Geforce control panel).
My unit is out of warranty so even though razer support were helpful, I'd still have to send it in for a costly repair, which I cant afford time or money wise while I'm at uni.
I have cleaned the fans and the heat sink to check if it is a thermal issue, but that didn't help. I ran HWmonitor and CPU temps reached around 85C on some occasions, but on others the laptop shut down at only 40-50C.
I have also recovered the laptop and reinstalled windows 8.1 then windows 10. I saw a slight improvement in windows 8 but only marginal.
All my drivers are up to date and I have run multiple deep virus scans and they turned up blank.
Any suggestions as to things I could try would be welcome, thanks!

Matthews_MTB

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
Just been able to play games without power supply connected with no issues at all, which would lead me to believe there is a fault with the charger, may have solved the issue myself. Will update with progress