Laptop / desktop upgrades

JayTay19

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Hi,

I have an hp laptop that is about a year old. It's in good shape and it's pretty powerful for a laptop, but I'm not sure if its really what I need right now. I'm a student, and I have a small chromebook for use on the go, and I am thinking of converting the laptop into something that would just stay at home on my desk

So I have a question that might be super dumb, but I don't know too much about the internal workings of a computer. If I was to buy a mid-range desktop tower, is there any way for me to combine the power of the tower and my laptop? Like, if I wanted to make a setup that was fast enough to say, do basic web surfing and maybe even some gaming, is there a way to use the laptop as extra ram and/or storage and/or an extra monitor? Basically, can I integrate two computers into one?

Hope that kinda makes sense?

Thanks!

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
well there is no literal way on doing so unless u want to spend a lot time/some money to mod the case.best way is just to leave it at home,connect it to an external monitor and you are set.

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
well there is no literal way on doing so unless u want to spend a lot time/some money to mod the case.best way is just to leave it at home,connect it to an external monitor and you are set.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jcp3i Laptop General Discussion 0
U Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 1
s355 Laptop General Discussion 0
T Laptop General Discussion 5
wyattspoppa Laptop General Discussion 1
s355 Laptop General Discussion 2
s355 Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 0
I Laptop General Discussion 5
Jmancru Laptop General Discussion 1