laptop dies within 5-20 minutes of games while plugged in?

thesaints147

Estimable
May 2, 2015
im not a tech person at all, but im a massive gamer when it comes to the pc, lately my power adapter starting buzzing all of a sudden and wouldn't charge my laptop, i bought a new smaller one that cant charge the laptop during basic games like town of salem or ftl (they just lose power VERY slowly during these games) but minecraft luckily charges, during demanding games like warthunder today my pc died within minutes of launching while at 91% battery and plugged in, during competitive csgo i can last anywhere between 5-30 minutes before my laptop dies. do i just need to replace my battery or is the game draining the battery that fast? would love some help

Solution
Hey there, thesaints147.

I had the same issue with my laptop and it turned out it was the battery. No game can drain a healthy battery that fast, so it should be either the battery or some other issue along this way. I'd recommend that you take your laptop to a service shop in order for a technician to test it and figure out the issue for sure. But my guess is, that it's the battery's fault. Do you have a small red cross above the battery icon next to the clock in the bottom right corner of the screen? If you do, then when you hover the mouse over it, you'll get a small message which states something like "Please consider changing your battery". Note that it's not necessary to have that kind of message or indication for the battery to...

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey there, thesaints147.

I had the same issue with my laptop and it turned out it was the battery. No game can drain a healthy battery that fast, so it should be either the battery or some other issue along this way. I'd recommend that you take your laptop to a service shop in order for a technician to test it and figure out the issue for sure. But my guess is, that it's the battery's fault. Do you have a small red cross above the battery icon next to the clock in the bottom right corner of the screen? If you do, then when you hover the mouse over it, you'll get a small message which states something like "Please consider changing your battery". Note that it's not necessary to have that kind of message or indication for the battery to be faulty.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Solution