Solved! Laptop dim on bottom left side lenovo g40-70

Oct 21, 2020
laptop when turned on

laptop when shutted down

Hi I've encoutered an issue to my lenovo g40-70. today when I use my laptop suddenly my screen grows dim and the display totally dark.
I try to resolve it with following step in here Can’t adjust brightness on Windows 10? Perform a driver update. Many Windows 10 users reported that doing this fixed this error. Click here to learn more

only resolving partly but when I open my laptop my bottom left screen become dimmer as shown while the rest is fine. should I change my monitor or should there be software fix ? since it's seem no hardware problem and I tried open my lcd no broken circuit too.

also I had this strange light when close down that's been happening for years but I ignored since it has no effect till today, the light usually situated in area around where the screen dim right now

AlHuneke

Commendable
Jul 7, 2020
Looks like it may be a backlight issue (the backlight is part of the display assembly most likely). When you have a display going, try shining a flashlight in the areas where the display is black. You may see a very dim display of what you expect there. If so, the solution is probably a new display panel.

AlHuneke

Commendable
Jul 7, 2020
Looks like it may be a backlight issue (the backlight is part of the display assembly most likely). When you have a display going, try shining a flashlight in the areas where the display is black. You may see a very dim display of what you expect there. If so, the solution is probably a new display panel.

Oct 21, 2020
well as seen the photo it the bottom left is much dimmer, it work fine till today for some reason so I never think it be hardware issue, but if it really need to be replaced so be it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 4
F3ArxDragons Laptop Tech Support 1
shekharhse Laptop Tech Support 1
6 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2