Solved! Laptop dim on bottom left side lenovo g40-70

Oct 21, 2020
laptop when turned on

laptop when shutted down

Hi I've encoutered an issue to my lenovo g40-70. today when I use my laptop suddenly my screen grows dim and the display totally dark.
I try to resolve it with following step in here Can’t adjust brightness on Windows 10? Perform a driver update. Many Windows 10 users reported that doing this fixed this error. Click here to learn more

only resolving partly but when I open my laptop my bottom left screen become dimmer as shown while the rest is fine. should I change my monitor or should there be software fix ? since it's seem no hardware problem and I tried open my lcd no broken circuit too.

also I had this strange light when close down that's been happening for years but I ignored since it has no effect till today, the light usually situated in area around where the screen dim right now

Solution
Looks like it may be a backlight issue (the backlight is part of the display assembly most likely). When you have a display going, try shining a flashlight in the areas where the display is black. You may see a very dim display of what you expect there. If so, the solution is probably a new display panel.
Looks like it may be a backlight issue (the backlight is part of the display assembly most likely). When you have a display going, try shining a flashlight in the areas where the display is black. You may see a very dim display of what you expect there. If so, the solution is probably a new display panel.

Solution
Oct 21, 2020
well as seen the photo it the bottom left is much dimmer, it work fine till today for some reason so I never think it be hardware issue, but if it really need to be replaced so be it.