Laptop Display Adaptor

datruE

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Hello. I recently bought a Lenovo Legion laptop with a Geforce GTX 1050. I just use this laptop plugged in an external monitor (Dell 2560 reso) and it always uses the integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 for that screen, and i can use its max potential (2560 reso, only 1080). i really dont want to use the intel graphics at all. i always have my laptop plugged in so i dont care about battery savings etc. i just want to use my nvidia graphics on their max potentials. Please help :)

ChumP

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
Right click on the desktop and go to Display settings. Select your external display and check the box under that says "Make this my main display".
You can do the same thing from the Nvidia control panel. Go to Set up Multiple diaplays, then select your external monitor, right click - > Make primary.
Now your dedicated GPU should focus on your other monitor.

datruE

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
i dont get all the settings in NVIDIA control panel. trying to fix it. any other ideas? can i completely disable intel graphics?

ChumP

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
If you want to disable it completely, in the search bar type device manager - > extend the display adapters pane - > right click on the Intel integrated graphics then select disable.

datruE

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
when i disable the intel HD Graphics it seems i get the "You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU" message

ChumP

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
When you open a game or a GPU intensive app, that will always run on the dedicated graphics... so I don't understand why would you disable the integrated one + uninstalling the integrated GPU driver can cause problems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 3
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
saurabhaggarwal Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 0
baakudai Laptop Tech Support 5
gamingandyoutube Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 3
shekharhse Laptop Tech Support 1