Laptop Display or Graphics Gone Bad

What's the problem? It looks ok to me unless it's an issue of the colors being washed out or something. Kind of hard to tell anything by that image, but I don't see the issue myself aside from it being a bit dark and a bit muted, but that might just be the picture too. What exactly is it that seems off to you?

Roguefoxx

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
After I saw your reply I checked the image from a different computer and the screenshot isn't actually what I see on the laptop display. I see a lot of random blue vertical lines all over any images and on my desktop. I took a picture of my desktop so you can actually see it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9gq6K0cJCs1NlVBRm5NVWRnWHM/view?usp=sharing

Also edited link in original post.

It looks to me as if your display is bent inwards like a lot of old CRT monitors looked when not adjusted correctly. I realize that in itself isn't the main issue and can now see what you were talking about though. Couple of things I'd try before entirely condemning the GPU or display panel.

Make sure the display itself is correctly designated. Go into Control panel, display, screen resolution, advanced settings and click on the monitor tab. Make sure it's set to generic plug n play monitor or that the designation matches the display currently in use. If something else is designated as the display model, you'll need to go into device manager and set it as generic plug and play monitor or specify your monitor model.

It could very well be a driver issue as well. What is the exact model number of your laptop as listed on the back of the case or printed on the case beneath the battery in the battery compartment?