sometimes after my laptop goes to sleep or shuts down it will not shut down but stays in an unresponsive idle state with the hard drive indicator light on and I have to do a force restart. It is running an up to date windows 10 and i have no issues beyond this.
Please do try changing some power option of your laptop that may do the trick.
- Open Power Option and click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings.
- Expand Hard disk then Turn off hard disk after and set it to Never.
- Expand Allow hybrid sleep and set it to Never, set Hibernate after to Never as well.
- On Power Option main menu, on the left pane click on Change what the power buttons do.
- Once open under Shutdown settings remove the check on Turn on fast startup then click Save changes.