Solved! Laptop doesn't boot windows/Black screen

Nov 28, 2018
Hey all! I have a 2016 Razer Stealth laptop (6500u) that has experienced sudden crashes since I've had it. I was dumb and never sent it in but thats besides the point. Recently it started giving me a blue screen of death after only 10 mins of being on. I tried a system restore but got stuck at 39% and I had to restart, so then it couldn't boot into windows but could boot into BIOS ok. Then I tried to load windows from a USB drive but windows couldn't find the ssd, and the ssd wasn't registering in the BIOS either. Then suddenly the screen wouldn't turn on but the keyboard still lights up. I tried unplugging the battery and holding the power button for a minute but that seems to not have helped. Any ideas? Thanks!

Solution
Since this started with the disk issue, I would try another disk, if that did not help it may be an issue with the motherboard. Try one RAM stick at a time if there is more than one, or new RAM.
Nov 28, 2018

Yeah thats what I was initially going to do until the screen went out so barring any other ideas thats probably what I'll end up doing. If it doesn't work I can always pop it into my desktop.

TRENDING THREADS