Laptop doesn't recognize detachable headset microphone

LoonyCrimilion

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
I just got the axent wear cat ear headphones with detachable microphone. Since it has only one cable, I bought an adapter and it didn't work with it either.
I looked for the microphone everywhere but my laptop doesn't recognize it. I read that a Sounblaster like that should help but I'm not sure... I have the Beline o.book 5, a pretty old laptop. But it handled my last headset pretty well, so I don't think the Laptop is the problem.
By the way, I'm not a pro in this stuff at all! I know like nothing, so please have mercy. (Also my English may be not that good, I apologize fo that.)

I hope someone can help me with this problem, thank you already!

Solution
Does the microphone/headset work in any other device? That would be the first thing I would check. If it does, then here are the things they list to check ... from the link you posted... I would make sure they are all met.

Q: What do I do if the microphone is not functioning?

A: This is likely caused by one of the following:

Connection issue:

1. Check the connection at the headphone and the device (Phone/Tablet/Other) to ensure that the headphone cord is fully inserted into the plug.

2. Cord is inserted into incorrect 3.5mm jack: There are two 3.5mm jacks on the headphone. While wearing the headphones, the microphone should be plugged into the front jack. The control/headphone jack is the plug in the back of the L ear cup.

Does the microphone/headset work in any other device? That would be the first thing I would check. If it does, then here are the things they list to check ... from the link you posted... I would make sure they are all met.

Q: What do I do if the microphone is not functioning?

A: This is likely caused by one of the following:

Connection issue:

1. Check the connection at the headphone and the device (Phone/Tablet/Other) to ensure that the headphone cord is fully inserted into the plug.

2. Cord is inserted into incorrect 3.5mm jack: There are two 3.5mm jacks on the headphone. While wearing the headphones, the microphone should be plugged into the front jack. The control/headphone jack is the plug in the back of the L ear cup.

3. Incompatible device: Verify in the device user manual that the device (Phone/Tablet/Other) can support microphone use via a 3.5mm jack.

4. Incorrect adapter/cord: The microphone signal is delivered through the control cable to the headphone. A standard 3.5mm stereo headphone cord will not work. The cable provided with the headphone must be used.

5. Device Setting: Verify that the settings in the device’s audio settings menu has a 'Jack Mic' or '3.5mm Mic' setting and that it is selected as the default option.

Note: On a PC this setting is located in the 'Recording' Tab of the ‘Sound Properties’ menu.

Solution