Laptop doesn't start

jijub

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014
I am having a HP DV6 laptop and is not starting.When the power button is pressed, the volume bar,Wifi indicator glows for a fraction of second, that's all.
Could any one help me find a solution.The battery is dead I guess, Power adaptor is working fine.

Solution

It's probably still worth contacting HP support - they may be able to point you in the right direction, even if they won't actually help you fix it without charging you. Or you may find that they're happy...

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
What happens when the battery is removed and the laptop is turned ON? if it boots, then battery might be dead. If you have good battery back-up, the time last time you used laptop, then the motherboard's port where the battery terminals will connect might be faulty.

jijub

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014

Doesn't start with or without battery(with power adaptor).Only the volume bar light,Wifi indicator and start light glows for less than a second and nothing.Is the motherboard at fault or the CPU?
It's a 5 year old laptop so I think it is out of an warranty.

snowctrl

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013

It's probably still worth contacting HP support - they may be able to point you in the right direction, even if they won't actually help you fix it without charging you. Or you may find that they're happy to sell you an extended warranty (if you'll take it...)

Solution