laptop doesnt want to start booting

Mar 5, 2018
toshiba nb250 wont start powering on. when i plug the charger (battery is not working) the charging and the low battery lights come up, then when i press the power button the power led light comes on aswell but the screen stays black. this is happening from long time ago but back then once the pc starts booting (you know that white text with specs or idk what appeares on the screen) the laptop will boot and work properly. now it never starts booting.

-i tried other charger
-i tried switching on without the battery
-i tried to leave it whole night

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I had an issue in the pass and my power supply was dead. It is not your case since you tried other ones.

At this point, I can only tell you what is not the culprit, you will need to find the exact source of the problem yourself.

-not the CPU
-not the memory
-not the hard drive
-not the power supply

I believe it could be your display more I think about it, did you try using a TV or another monitor with it?

the other option is your motherboard... and if it is your motherboard, your laptop is dead.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I had an issue in the pass and my power supply was dead. It is not your case since you tried other ones.

At this point, I can only tell you what is not the culprit, you will need to find the exact source of the problem yourself.

-not the CPU
-not the memory
-not the hard drive
-not the power supply

I believe it could be your display more I think about it, did you try using a TV or another monitor with it?

the other option is your motherboard... and if it is your motherboard, your laptop is dead.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DariusEldritch Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1