Laptop doesn't work after force shutdown (long press power key).

Oct 4, 2018
The laptop took a lot of time to start when it finally did start, it was working unusually slow. I closed the lid so it went to sleep mode, after 30 mins I tried to wake up but it didn't. Only LEDs were glowing.
After loosing patience, I forced shutdown by long pressing power key since then the laptop just glows LEDs for a second whenever the power key is pressed and doesn't turn on.

It was charged to 95℅ the last time I used it
The laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330
It's 20 days old and removing battery isn't very easy and also it may Void the warranty

Is there anything I can do?

shmoochie

Prominent
May 10, 2018
I would try a hard reset first:
1. remove the charger
2. hold down the power button for 30-40 seconds
3. some of the non removable battery models actually have a small reset button on bottom that you can press with a paper clip. If you have that, then hold it down for 30-40 seconds.
4. plug back in the charger
5. try starting it again

If that doesn't work, then you should call the manufacturer and have them send you a new one since it is brand new. You shouldn't have to troubleshoot a new laptop past that point.

shmoochie

Prominent
May 10, 2018
I would try a hard reset first:
1. remove the charger
2. hold down the power button for 30-40 seconds
3. some of the non removable battery models actually have a small reset button on bottom that you can press with a paper clip. If you have that, then hold it down for 30-40 seconds.
4. plug back in the charger
5. try starting it again

If that doesn't work, then you should call the manufacturer and have them send you a new one since it is brand new. You shouldn't have to troubleshoot a new laptop past that point.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anyounmous Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 4
L Laptop Tech Support 1