Laptop Fan fluctuating speeds constantly

FFIRMINO

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
I have a MSI GT62vr 7rd laptop, this 2 months old device started showing a weird behaviour about 2 days ago. While monitoring it's CPU fan speed I noticed a kind of fluctuating pattern when it goes up to 2600 and back to 360 RPM very quickly.

After noticing it with high CPU usage i've rebooted my machine and waited for all processes to end. Even with CPU was idle the fan was constantly going from 0 to 400 RPM constantly.

When everything points to a possible hardware issue something is bugging me. When I press the "Cooler Boost" mode, the fan goes up to 4000 RPM and never fluctuates. I was expecting a damaged fan to fail somehow while running at maximum speed.

I've tried everything but opening the notebook case. Updated BIOS, EC, Win 10, reinstalled Dragon Center (controller) and some other MSI software. Nothing worked so far.

This is driving me crazy, can you please share your thoughts based on your experience?

Solution
if the fans didnt work then that become a problem now they they doing what they meant to do.there is lot of programs running in background .if the fans run at full speed with idle cpu for long period of time then maybe its aproblem but for now its seems ok to me

Greg Gregorich

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014
if the fans didnt work then that become a problem now they they doing what they meant to do.there is lot of programs running in background .if the fans run at full speed with idle cpu for long period of time then maybe its aproblem but for now its seems ok to me

Solution