Laptop for coding and gaming

tim641

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Next year im going to my new school where i'm gonna learn stuff like HTML, Java, C#. I want a good laptop that i can game on every now and then. At home i wont be using it for gaming since i've got my desktop PC for that, so a GTX 1050TI, or a 1060 would be the best for the laptop.

I want 16GB Ram, or 8 GB but also upgradable. if possible a 120HZ monitor but i dont think much laptops with a 1060 or 1050TI have a 120hz monitor. I will probably play games in school like overwatch, RocketLeague, CS:GO surfing, maybe some BF1 if it can run that.
The weight and size doesnt really matter since im used to carrying heavy stuff around in my backpack.
My budget is about 1300-1400

i googled around a bit, and right now at a dutch store everything has a 21% discount. i found this laptop: http://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/_msi-gp62mvr-7rf-456nl-leopard-pro-1488045.html
It got a gtx 1060, but the processor is a i5-7300HQ. Will this processor be a bottleneck to the graphics card, or are there better laptops for what i want out there?

I also found this one: http://store.hp.com/NetherlandsStore/merch/Product.aspx?id=1DK88EA&opt=ABH&sel=NTB

That one looks pretty good specwise, but im not sure if the build quality is good enough since im gonna be bringing it to school everyday, and i heard some people say the typing on it is a bit weird which isnt really nice if i need to type alot.

Any suggestions are appriciated

Solution
The second one is better since it has a SSD and just that. SSDs are one of the bottlenecks when building. The second would be CPU. I mention them in that order because the chances that you'll be working on a gigantic project that would seriously stress your CPU are pretty small at this point.

Regarding the keyboard: you could easily get a 10-50 E wired/ wireless mouse and keyboard. You'll get a mouse for it anyway since the touchpad is kinda cumbersome both for coding and gaming :).

I3lue1

Honorable
May 26, 2013
The second one is better since it has a SSD and just that. SSDs are one of the bottlenecks when building. The second would be CPU. I mention them in that order because the chances that you'll be working on a gigantic project that would seriously stress your CPU are pretty small at this point.

Regarding the keyboard: you could easily get a 10-50 E wired/ wireless mouse and keyboard. You'll get a mouse for it anyway since the touchpad is kinda cumbersome both for coding and gaming :).

Solution