Laptop for college (Computer Programming) 1000-1200 CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyson225

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Hello,

I'm heading back to school this September and we are required to purchase a laptop for class. The minimum hardware requirements for the laptop are:

Intel I7 or AMD A10 processor or better with chipset that must support virtualization
16 GB of RAM
1 TB hard drive
Ethernet Network Card
Wireless Network Card
One USB 3.0 port (two preferred)

Software Requirements

Windows 10 Professional Edition

I have about 1000-1200 to spend on the laptop. They don't have requirements for the graphics card but it probably wouldn't hurt to have something capable of making animations, watching videos, light gaming.

Thanks

Solution
I would go with what your college recommends. What college do you go to by the way?

What I used at the time I started college was the Asus GL771J but it cost me $2000 CAD in that time (2015). It was recommended as the "Ultra Performance Model" from my college. which had similar specs to your requirement. The "Best Model" part of the recommendation didn't have the required specs that you specified (everything else but the 16GB of RAM) and it was for $1200.

MeesterYellow

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I would go with what your college recommends. What college do you go to by the way?

What I used at the time I started college was the Asus GL771J but it cost me $2000 CAD in that time (2015). It was recommended as the "Ultra Performance Model" from my college. which had similar specs to your requirement. The "Best Model" part of the recommendation didn't have the required specs that you specified (everything else but the 16GB of RAM) and it was for $1200.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.