Laptop for college (Intel Core M vs Intel Core i5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2018
Hello,
I've been very hesitant in buying a laptop for college but I found myself liking the Surface Laptop.
It gives me the option in choosing which type of processor I want. As I'm not sure which one is more suited for me.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/config/surface-laptop/90FC23DV6SNZ?icid=surfacelaptopinterstitial630&lc=1033

Most likely using this laptop for:
- College (word processing, email, excel, etc.)
- Watching videos, movies, etc.
- Web surfing
- And other basic stuff that's not in my head at the moment.
- Multitasking

Most likely won't be playing any games on it as I have a PC for that.

Preferably, I want the laptop to be able to live a whole school day and I do not want to have to replace the laptop because it's "too slow", "dies too quick", etc.

I wouldn't say I have a budget on how much I can spend but I want to make the money worth it. I've set my eyes on i5 but I want to ask people's opinions on it.

Which one is the best option (Intel Core M or Intel Core i5)?
All opinions/comments are welcomed!
If you have any questions for me, please ask.

Thank you in advance. :)

Solution
For your tasks, the core m suits you better. You don’t seem to be doing many intensive tasks, and the lower voltage from the processor means the battery will last a bit longer. Besides, you already have your gaming Pc.

jgustin7b

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
For your tasks, the core m suits you better. You don’t seem to be doing many intensive tasks, and the lower voltage from the processor means the battery will last a bit longer. Besides, you already have your gaming Pc.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.