laptop for college projects and assignemnts

luna lovgood

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

thankyou!
can you suggest some laptops under 22-24K? (indian currency)

DiegoD

Estimable
May 12, 2015
If not having Word isn't a huge deal breaker, then a Chromebook is a great option. They are cheap and come in a variety of sizes. The os si very light as it essentially a browser, so even low spec models are quick. You can still view and edit word documents using google docs, and you will have access to presentations and spreadsheets using Google drive.

Just another option for you, but to go with SecurityGuy, an SSD on a lower spec pc will boost performance exponentially. So definitely try to get one one with your pc.

PHIL528

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
What processor you need depends on what you are going to do as projects and assignments can vary.

For example, I have run audacity, (a sound editing application) on a 4GB RAM laptop with an Intel Atom processor (and I never had lag). If you just need to use applications like Google Chrome and Google Drive and for example Skype and a few light weight tasks, you could get by on an Intel Atom which is less expensive than an Intel Skylake Pentium or Skylake i3.

If you just need google chrome or Microsoft Word, you might as well use a laptop with an atom processor.

If you just need google chrome or Microsoft Word, but want a little bit more power to be safe you could go with a Pentium.

If you need to run 3D Modeling tasks I would assume you would at least need an i3. I have played CSGO and Portal 2 on low graphics settings on a Surface Pro with an i3.

24K "IRN" is about 357USD says google, so you should be able to find an i3 with that amount (at least I think with US amazon.com). I don't know if online shopping is available where you live but if it is, you should look for yourself a bit because other people might suggest a laptop that would suit them better than it would suit you at that price point.